[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.19.4″][et_pb_row custom_padding=”27px|0px|13px|0px|false|false” _builder_version=”3.19.4″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.19.4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.4″]
2 STEP REVIEWS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2stepreviews.com (https://www.2stepreviews.com), including all of its related applications, dashboards or platforms (individually and collectively, the “Website”), is owned and operated by 2 Step Reviews LLC (“2 Step”, “we” or “us”). By using or accessing the Website or 2 Step Service(s), by signing or clicking to accept any Subscription Documentation referencing these Terms, or by clicking to accept these Terms, you agree to all the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service Agreement (“Terms”, “Terms of Service” or “Agreement”).
If you are using a 2 Step Service on behalf of a company or other entity, then “Client” or “you” means that entity, and you are binding that entity to this Agreement. You represent and warrant that you have the legal power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that, if the Client is an entity, this Agreement is entered into by an employee or agent with all necessary authority to bind that entity to this Agreement.
This Agreement includes any Subscription Documentation (as defined below), as well as any policies or exhibits linked to or referenced herein. If you have entered into another agreement with 2 Step concerning specific Services, the terms of that agreement control if there is any conflict with these terms. Please note that we may modify this Agreement as described in Section 16.8 below.
1. “Add-On” means integrations or applications that are sold or made available by 2 Step, or a third-party provider, for authorized use with the Service
2. “Affiliate(s)” means any entity which is controlled by, in control of, or is under common control with a party to this Agreement, where “control” means either the power to direct the management or affairs of such entity or ownership of 50% or more of the voting securities of such entity.
3. “Aggregate/Anonymous Data” means: (i) data generated by aggregating Client Data with other data so that results are non-personally identifiable with respect to Client or its Customers and (ii) anonymous learnings, logs and data regarding use or effectiveness of the Service.
4. “Authorized Users” means Client’s employees and contractors who are acting for Client’s benefit and on its behalf, and whom Client has authorized to access the Service and the information contained therein.
5. “Business Associate Agreement” (hereinafter “BAA”) means a written agreement between a covered entity and a business associate containing the elements specified at 45 CFR 164.504(e).
6. “Client Data” means: (i) Content and any (ii) Submitted Data.
7. “Confidential Information” means code, inventions, know-how, product plans, technical and financial, business, operational, or other information exchanged under this Agreement or learned during the performance of this Agreement, or that is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should reasonably be considered confidential based on the circumstances surrounding the disclosure and the nature of the information disclosed.
8. “Content” means text, images or other content that Client selects or submits for use or incorporation with the Service (including without limitation, chat and message logs).
9. “Customer(s)” means any person that is a client, customer, or patient of Client, or that is a potential client, customer or patient of Client.
10. “Customer Data” means data related to the identity, characteristics and activities of Customers, collected or submitted to the Service(s) by Client or captured by the Service. To the extent Client is a Covered Entity or a Business Associate, as those terms are defined in HIPAA, “Client Data” also includes PHI.
11. “Excused Downtime” means unavailability caused by (i) actions or omissions of Client; (ii) failures, errors or defects in the facilities, hardware, software or network of Client; or (iii) circumstances that constitute a force majeure event or that are beyond 2 Step’s reasonable control.
12. “HIPAA” means the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (the “HITECH Act”), the Administrative Simplification section of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as codified at 42 U.S.C. §1320d through d-8, as amended from time to time, and the requirements of any regulations promulgated under either the HITECH Act or HIPAA, including, without limitation, the federal privacy regulations as contained in 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164, the federal security standards as contained in 45 C.F.R. Parts 160, 162 and, and the federal standards for electronic transactions contained in 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and, all as may be amended from time to time.
13. “Planned Outages” means any scheduled maintenance.
14. “Proposal” means the quote or proposal provided to Client by 2 Step, prior to Client receiving the Service, in which the basic Subscription terms are outlined for Client and this Agreement is referenced.
15. “Protected Health Information” (hereinafter “PHI”) has the same meaning as that term is defined in HIPAA.
16. “Scope of Use” means the usage limits or other scope of use descriptions for the Service included in the applicable Proposal or Subscription Documentation. These include any numerical limits on Authorized Users, descriptions of product feature levels and names or numerical limits.
17. “Service(s)” means the specific proprietary product of 2 Step provided to Client for Client’s use during the Subscription Term, as part of Client’s Subscription. The “Service(s)” also includes the Website, as defined herein. The “Service” does not include any Third-Party Product.
18. “Submitted Data” means data uploaded, inputted or otherwise submitted by Client to the Service, including any Customer Data, PHI or any Third-Party Content.
19. “Subscription” means Client’s acceptance of the Subscription Documentation provided to Client by 2 Step, whereby Client agreed to receive the Service on an ongoing basis, according to the terms and conditions referenced in the Subscription Documentation. Where applicable, “Subscription” also means Beta Releases and/or Free Access Subscriptions, as defined below.
20. “Subscription Documentation” means any and all documentation evidencing Client’s agreeing to enter into a Subscription for the Service(s), including but not limited to a Proposal, Quote, Services Agreement, Order Form or Statement of Work, which references this Agreement.
21. “Subscription Term” means the Initial Term for the Subscription to the applicable Service, as specified on Client’s Subscription Documentation, and each subsequent Renewal Term (if any), as defined in Sections 8.1 and 8.2, respectively.
22. “Third-Party Content” means content, data or other materials that Client provides to the 2 Step Service(s) from its third-party data providers, including through Add-Ons used by Client.
23. “Third-Party Product” means any Add-On, applications, integrations, software, code, online services, systems and other products not developed by 2 Step.
24. “2 Step Technology” means the Service(s), any and all related or underlying documentation, technology, code, know-how, logos and templates (including in any reports or output obtained from the Service), anything delivered as part of support or other services, and any updates, modifications or derivative works of any of the foregoing, including as may incorporate any Feedback, as defined in Section 10.2 below.
Other terms are defined in other Sections of this Agreement.
1. Services. Subject to Client’s performance of its duties and obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to timely payment of all Fees (as defined herein), 2 Step shall provide Client with the Service(s) as specifically set forth in Client’s Subscription Documentation. 2 Step shall have no obligation to provide any services or perform any tasks not specifically set forth in this Agreement, including any applicable Subscription Documentation.
2. Alteration of Services. Client and 2 Step may modify the Service(s) set forth in Client’s Subscription Documentation to include or remove any Service(s), provided that any material change to the Service(s) is agreed to in writing. 2 Step shall have no obligation to perform any Service(s) until the parties have agreed up the effect of such change in the applicable Fees.
C. USE RIGHTS;RESTRICTIONS.
1. Use of Services. Subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, 2 Step grants Client a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right and license during the applicable Subscription Term to access and use the Service(s) designated on Client’s Subscription Documentation solely for Client’s internal business purposes, but only in accordance with this Agreement, the applicable Subscription Documentation, and all applicable Scope of Use descriptions.
3. Eligibility and Use by Others. Client and/or Client’s Authorized Users must be over 18 years old to use the Service. Client may permit its Authorized Users to use the Service(s) provided their use is for Client’s benefit only and remains in compliance with this Agreement. Authorized Users shall be subject to the applicable terms and conditions of this Agreement which may be communicated by posting to the Website or on a click-through basis to Authorized Users upon access to the Service and/or Website (“Terms of Service”). 2 Step reserves the right to change the Terms of Service at any time and for any reason in accordance with Section 16.8 below
4. Responsibility for Authorized Users. Client will be responsible and liable for all Authorized Users’ use and access and their compliance with the terms and conditions herein. Client will be solely responsible for authorizing and creating user IDs, passwords and other access credentials for Authorized Users. Client is solely responsible for determining its Authorized Users and/or restricting and/or terminating the rights of such users during the Subscription Term, as Client deems appropriate. Client is solely responsible for ensuring that any user IDs, passwords and other access credentials (such as API tokens) for the Service are kept strictly confidential and not shared with any unauthorized person. Additionally, Client is solely responsible for complying with all laws applicable to Client in determining which of its agents or employees should be an Authorized User, the level of access for each Authorized User, and when such access should be terminated or restricted. Client will be solely responsible for any and all actions taken using its and its users’ accounts, passwords or access credentials. Client must notify 2 Step immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of its account. Use by all Authorized Users in aggregate will count towards any applicable Scope of Use restrictions.
5. General Restrictions. Client must not (and must not allow any third party to): (i) rent, lease, copy, transfer, sublicense or provide access to the Service to a third party (except Authorized Users as specifically authorized above); (ii) incorporate the Service (or any portion thereof) into, or use it with or to provide, any site, product or service; (iii) use the Service (or any portion thereof) for time-sharing purposes or for a third party’s benefit; (iv) publicly disseminate information regarding the performance of the Service (which is deemed 2 Step’s Confidential Information); (v) modify or create a derivative work of the Service or any portion thereof; (vi) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or non-public APIs to any 2 Step Technology or Service, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law and then only upon advance notice to 2 Step; (vii) break or circumvent any security measures or rate limits for Services; (viii) distribute any portion of the Service other than as specifically permitted above; or (ix) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in the Service including in any reports or output obtained from the Service.
6. Beta Releases and Free Access Subscriptions. 2 Step may, in its sole discretion, provide Client with certain Service(s) for free or on a trial basis (a “Free Access Subscription”) or with “alpha”, “beta” or other early-stage Service(s), integrations or features (“Beta Releases”). This Section will apply to any Free Access Subscription or Beta Release (even if a Beta Release is provided for a fee or counts towards Client’s Scope of Use allocations) and supersedes any contrary provision in this Agreement. 2 Step may use good faith efforts in its discretion to assist Client with Free Access Subscriptions or Beta Releases. Nevertheless, and without limiting the other disclaimers and limitations in this Agreement, CLIENT AGREES THAT ANY FREE ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION OR BETA RELEASE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, SUPPORT, MAINTENANCE, STORAGE, SLA OR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS OF ANY KIND. WITH RESPECT TO BETA RELEASES, CLIENT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT BETA RELEASES MAY NOT BE COMPLETE OR FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS AND OTHER PROBLEMS FOR WHICH 2 STEP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE. ACCORDINGLY, ANY USE OF A BETA RELEASE IS AT CLIENT’S SOLE RISK. 2 Step makes no promises that future versions of a Beta Release will be released or will be available under the same commercial or other terms. 2 Step may terminate Client’s right to use any Free Access Subscription or Beta Release at any time for any reason or no reason in 2 Step’s sole discretion, without liability.
D. CLIENT DATA.
1. Rights in Client Data. As between the parties, Client retains all right, title and interest (including any intellectual property rights) in and to the Client Data. Client hereby grants 2 Step a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to collect, use, copy, store, transmit, modify and create derivative works of the Client Data solely to the extent necessary to provide the Service and related services to Client and as otherwise provided herein.
2. Aggregate/Anonymous Data. Client agrees that 2 Step will have the right to generate Aggregate/Anonymous Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the parties agree that Aggregate/Anonymous Data is 2 Step Technology, which 2 Step may use for any business purpose during or after the term of this Agreement (including without limitation to develop and improve 2 Step’s products and services and to create and distribute reports and other materials). 2 Step will not distribute Aggregate/Anonymous Data in a manner that personally identifies Client or its Customers, or that would otherwise violate applicable laws, such as HIPAA. If Client and 2 Step have entered into a BAA, 2 Step will use the Aggregate/Anonymous Data only in conformity with the terms of such agreement.
3. Monitoring. Client understands and agrees that 2 Step, and any third-party platform(s) Client uses or accesses in connection with the Service(s), may monitor and analyze Content submitted by Client (including but not limited to reviews, surveys, messages, chats, etc.) to improve the Website, Services or third-party platform; to improve Client’s experience using the Website, Services or third-party platform; to customize and communicate informational or product offerings and promotions to Client; and/or to make the Website, Services, or third-party Platform more helpful or useful to Client and other users.
4. Security. 2 Step agrees to maintain physical, technical and organizational measures designed to secure its systems from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. If Client is a Covered Entity or Business Associate, as defined in HIPAA, 2 Step and Client agree to the terms of 2 Step’s Standard Business Associate Agreement (currently attached hereto as Exhibit A), which may be amended from time to time, and to secure and utilize PHI in accordance with the BAA. 2 Step takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Client Data other than its express security obligations in this Section.
5. Storage. 2 Step does not provide an archiving service. During the Subscription Term, Client acknowledges that 2 Step may delete Content or Customer Data no longer in active use. Except for requirements that are included in any BAA entered into between 2 Step and Client, 2 Step expressly disclaims all other obligations with respect to storage.
E. CLIENT OBLIGATIONS.
1. Warranty. Client warrants and represents that it is in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations. In particular, and without limitation, Client warrants and represents that it will not use the Service in a manner that would violate any obligation with respect to the Federal Trade Commission’s Telemarketing Sales Rule, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 and any other applicable federal, state, or international law and amendments thereto. Client also warrants and represents that (a) Client has sole ownership of any Content it provides to 2 Step, that such Content is free of any intellectual property claims by any third party, and that 2 Step shall have no obligation to provide Client or third parties any compensation for such Content; (b) any Content that Client and/or Client’s authorized representative(s) submit for publication on an online review or ratings website as a provider of goods or services will be true and accurate, is the original work of Client‘s or their (as applicable) authorship, and will only concern Client or the goods and/or services that Client provides; (c) Client is authorized to provide 2 Step with any Customer, Client or Authorized User information it provides in connection with the Service(s), including any personally identifying information; (d) 2 Step’s possession and/or use of the Submitted Data on Client’s behalf in connection with the Service will not violate any contract, statute, or regulation; (e) Client and/or Client’s authorized representative(s) will only use the Service for interaction with actual Customers. Additionally, if an integration is included in the Service Client orders, Client grants 2 Step the right to access Client’s Information or CRM system directly or through a third-party service for the purposes of fulfilling 2 Step’s obligations under this Agreement, and Client warrants that Client is not restricted by law or applicable agreement from granting 2 Step such right. 2 Step will not be held liable for any consequences of false and/or inaccurate content published to an online review or ratings website through 2 Step by Client or its Authorized Users.
2. Customer Consent. Client agrees to: (i) provide all required disclosures to Customers and obtain all required consents and/or authorizations from Customers, based on applicable laws, prior to utilizing the Service; and (ii) obtain all necessary rights, releases and consents to allow Client Data to be collected, used and disclosed in the manner contemplated by this Agreement and to grant 2 Step the rights herein. Client represents and warrants that its Client Data will not violate third-party rights, including intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights. If Client receives any take-down requests or infringement notices related to Client Data or its use of Third-Party Products, it must promptly stop using these items with the Service and notify 2 Step.
3. Intended Use of the Service. Client understands and agrees that the Service is intended to allow Client to send transactional and/or informational messages to Client’s own current Customers only. Should Client elect to use the Services to send any messages that constitute advertising or telemarketing, or to communicate with anyone other than Client’s current Customers, Client will only do so in compliance with all local, state, national and international laws, regulations and industry-specific best practices, including but not limited to Do Not Call rules and prohibitions.
F. AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES; SUPPORT.
1. Availability. Subject to the terms of this Agreement and any Planned Outages and Excused Downtime, the Service will be available for access via the Website 99.0% of the time during of the term of this Agreement.
2. Support. 2 Step makes available web-based support through the Website. Additional support services may be available to Client upon payment of applicable fees (if any), as specified in any applicable Subscription Documentation. Any support services are subject to this Agreement and 2 Step’s applicable support policies. 2 Step may also provide onboarding, deployment and other services under this Agreement. The scope, pricing and other terms for these additional services will be set forth in the applicable Subscription Documentation. 2 Step’s ability to deliver the Service(s) will depend on Client’s reasonable and timely cooperation and the accuracy and completeness of any information from Client needed to deliver the Service.
G. FEES AND PAYMENT.
1. Set-Up Fee. In consideration for the Service(s) to be rendered by 2 Step, Client shall pay to 2 Step, upon execution of this Agreement, a non-refundable set-up fee in the amount set forth in the applicable Subscription Documentation (“Set-Up Fee”).
2. Fees. In addition to the Set-Up Fee, Client agrees to pay to 2 Step monthly fees as set forth in the applicable Subscription Documentation (“Monthly Fee” and collectively with the Set-Up Fees and any fees set forth in the applicable Subscription Documentation, the “Fees”). If additional functionality is added to the Service(s), the Parties agree to negotiate in good faith for an increase in the Fees to become effective at the time of such addition.
3. Payment of Fees. Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Subscription Documentation, all Fees shall be paid monthly, in advance, on the date of your enrollment and every thirty (30) days therafter. Payments are non-refundable and non-creditable and payment obligations non-cancellable. If Client has elected to pay via credit card, ACH, direct debit, etc., Client authorizes 2 Step to charge Fees and other amounts automatically, on an auto-renew basis. If the applicable Subscription Documentation allows Client
to pay in a form not referenced above, payment is due within thirty (30) days of the invoice date, unless a different currency or payment period is specified in the applicable Subscription Documentation.
4. Taxes. 2 Step’s Fees are exclusive of all taxes, and Client must pay any applicable taxes or levies, whether domestic or foreign, other than taxes based on the income of 2 Step. Client will make tax payments to 2 Step to the extent amounts are included in 2 Step’s invoices. Should 2 Step be unable to process/receive the Fees when due and owing, payment shall be considered overdue. 2 Step shall have the right to charge interest on all overdue amounts at the annual rate of 12%, compounded monthly, or the maximum lawful amounts, whichever is less. If 2 Step sends the account for collection and/or initiates legal action to collect overdue amounts, Client shall be liable for all cost and expenses of such action, including reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, and expenses. Additionally, after payment becomes overdue, 2 Step shall have the right to immediately suspend Client’s access to the Service.
5. Annual Fee Increase. Upon sixty (60) days’ prior written notice from 2 Step to Client, Fees for the specific Service(s) included in the applicable Subscription Documentation may be adjusted once annually by up to 3%, effective on the start date of each Renewal Term.
H. TERM AND TERMINATION.
1. Term. This Agreement is effective until the applicable Subscription Term for the Service(s) has expired or the Subscription is terminated as expressly permitted herein. The initial Subscription Term for any Service is twelve (12) months (“Initial Term”), unless otherwise specified in Client’s Subscription Documentation.
2. Subscription Term and Renewals. By agreeing to any Subscription Documentation, Client is agreeing to pay applicable fees for each 30 day period in advance. The Subscription will automatically renew to subsequent thirty (30) day periods (“Renewal Term(s)”) unless: (i) otherwise stated on the applicable Subscription Documentation or (ii) either party gives written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days before the end of the then-current Subscription Term. If no Subscription start date is specified on the applicable Subscription Documentation, the Subscription starts when Client first obtains access to the Service.
3. Suspension of Service. 2 Step may suspend Client’s access to the Service(s) if: (i) Client’s account is overdue or (ii) Client has exceeded its Scope of Use limits. 2 Step may also suspend Client’s access to the Service, remove Client Data or disable Third-Party Products if it determines that: (a) Client has breached Sections 3 (Use Rights; Restrictions) or 5 (Client Obligations) or (b) suspension is necessary to prevent harm or liability to other Clients or third parties or to preserve the security, stability, availability or integrity of the Service. 2 Step will have no liability for taking action as permitted above. For avoidance of doubt, Client will remain responsible for payment of Fees during any suspension period. However, unless this Agreement has been terminated, 2 Step will cooperate with Client to restore access to the Service once it verifies that Client has resolved the condition requiring suspension.
4. Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement, including any related Subscription Documentation, if the other party: (i) fails to cure any material breach of this Agreement (including a failure to pay fees) within thirty (30) days after written notice detailing the breach; (ii) ceases operation without a successor; or (iii) seeks protection under any bankruptcy, receivership, trust deed, creditors’ arrangement, composition or comparable proceeding, or if any such proceeding is instituted against that party (and not dismissed within sixty (60) days thereafter). If Client terminates during the Subscription Term for any reason other than the foregoing, Client will be responsible for the fees due for the entire Subscription Term. 2 Step may also terminate this Agreement or any related Subscription Documentation immediately if Client breaches Sections 3 (Use Rights; Restrictions) or 5 (Client Obligations), for repeated violations of other Sections of this Agreement, or if applicable, a breach of the parties’ BAA.
5. Effect of Termination. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement or any Subscription Documentation: (i) Client’s license rights shall terminate and it must immediately cease use of the Service (including any related 2 Step Technology) and delete (or, at 2 Step’s request, return) any and all copies of any 2 Step documentation, scripts, passwords or access codes and any other 2 Step Confidential Information in Client’s possession, custody or control and (ii) Client’s right to access any Client Data in the applicable Service will cease and unless otherwise precluded by a BAA, 2 Step may delete any such data in its possession at any time. If 2 Step terminates this Agreement for cause as provided in Section 8.4 (Termination for Cause), any payments for the remaining portion of the Subscription Term will become due and must be paid immediately by Client. Except where this Agreement specifies an exclusive remedy, all remedies under this Agreement, including termination or suspension, are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies that may be available to a party.
6. Survival. The following Sections survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement: 1 (Definitions); 3 (Use Rights; Restrictions); 4 (Client Data); 7 (Fees and Payment); 8 (Term and Termination); 9 (Confidential Information); 10 (2 Step Technology); 11 (Third-Party Products and Integrations); 12 (Indemnification); 13 (Disclaimers); 14 (Limitations of Liability); and 16 (General).
I. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
1. Obligation of Confidentiality. Each party (as the receiving party) must: (i) hold in confidence and not disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to third parties except as permitted by this Agreement; and (ii) use the other party’s Confidential Information only to fulfill its obligations and exercise its rights under this Agreement. Each party may share the other party’s Confidential Information with its employees, agents, contractors or subcontractors having a legitimate need to know (which, for 2 Step, includes the subcontractors referenced in Section 16.4), provided that such party remains responsible for any recipient’s compliance with the terms of this Section 10 and these recipients are bound to confidentiality obligations no less protective than this Section.
2 . Exclusions. These confidentiality obligations do not apply to (and Confidential Information does not include) information that: (i) is or becomes public knowledge through no fault of the receiving party; (ii) was known by the receiving party prior to receipt of the Confidential Information; (iii) is rightfully obtained by the receiving party from a third party without breach of any confidentiality obligation; or (iv) is independently developed by the receiving party without using the disclosing party’s Confidential Information. A party may also disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to the extent required by law or court order, provided it gives advance notice (if permitted by law) and cooperates in any effort by the other party to obtain confidential treatment for the information.
3. Remedies. The parties acknowledge that disclosure of Confidential Information may cause substantial harm for which damages alone may be an insufficient remedy, and so upon breach of this Section each party is entitled to seek appropriate equitable relief in addition to any other remedies it may have at law.
J. 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY.
1. Ownership and Updates. By accepting this Agreement, Client acknowledges that it is obtaining only a limited right to use the Service and that irrespective of any use of the words “purchase”, “sale” or similar terms, no ownership rights are transferred to Client under this Agreement. Client agrees that 2 Step (or its suppliers) retains all rights, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in and to all 2 Step Technology (which is deemed 2 Step’s Confidential Information) and reserves any licenses not specifically granted herein. The Service is offered as an on-line, hosted product. Accordingly, Client acknowledges and agrees that it has no right to obtain a copy of the software behind any Service and that 2 Step at its option may make updates, bug fixes, modifications or improvements to the Service from time- to-time.
2. Feedback. If Client elects to provide any suggestions, comments, improvements, information, ideas or other feedback or related materials to 2 Step (collectively, “Feedback”), Client hereby grants 2 Step a worldwide, perpetual, non-revocable, sublicensable, royalty-free right and license to use, copy, disclose, license, distribute and exploit any such Feedback in any manner without any obligation, payment or restriction based on intellectual property rights or otherwise. Nothing in this Agreement limits 2 Step’s right to independently use, develop, evaluate or market products, whether incorporating Feedback or otherwise.
K. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND INTEGRATIONS.
2 Step may make arrangements with third-party providers, or facilitate Client making arrangements with third- party providers, that provide products or services in connection with the Services described in this Agreement. If Client uses Third-Party Products in connection with the Service(s), those products may make Third-Party Content available to Client and may access Client’s instance of the Service, including Client Data. 2 Step does not warrant or support Third-Party Products or Third-Party Content (whether or not these items are designated by 2 Step as “powered”, “verified” or otherwise) and disclaims all responsibility and liability for these items and their access to the Service(s), including their modification, deletion, disclosure or collection of Client Data. 2 Step is not responsible in any way for Client Data once it is transmitted, copied or removed from the Service(s).
Client will indemnify and hold 2 Step harmless from and against any third-party claims and related costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from or pertaining to (i) any
Client Data or Content, (ii) 2 Step’s use, as contemplated in this Agreement, of any information provided to 2 Step by you or your customers, (iii) breach or alleged breach of this Agreement, including Client’s Warranties and Obligations, (iv) any claim of a governmental entity or other party that you have violated any law, rule, or regulation, or, (v) if applicable, alleged breach or breach of Client’s obligations contained in the BAA. Client also agrees to defend 2 Step against these claims at 2 Step’s request, but 2 Step may participate in any claim through counsel of its own choosing and the parties will reasonably cooperate on any defense. Client must not settle any claim without 2 Step’s prior written consent if the settlement does not fully release 2 Step from liability or would require 2 Step to admit fault, pay any amounts or take or refrain from taking any action.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED EXPRESSLY HEREIN, ALL 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER 2 STEP NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. 2 STEP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY WILL MEET CLIENT’S REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT CLIENT DATA WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR PRESERVED WITHOUT LOSS, OR THAT 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. 2 STEP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CLIENT PROPERTIES, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, OR NON-2 STEP SERVICES (INCLUDING FOR ANY DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, TRANSMISSION ERRORS, SECURITY FAILURES, AND OTHER PROBLEMS CAUSED BY THESE ITEMS), , FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF CLIENT DATA AUTHORIZED BY THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR DECISIONS OR ACTIONS TAKEN (OR NOT TAKEN) BY CLIENT BASED UPON 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY OR 2 STEP’S RELATED SERVICES (INCLUDING CHANGES TO CLIENT PROPERTIES). THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN. CLIENT MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, ANY STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTEST PERIOD AND MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
N. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL 2 STEP OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST OR INACCURATE DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, COSTS OF DELAY, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, COVER, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL 2 STEP OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF CLIENT POSTED IN THE CONTENT AS PART OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS BY CLIENT FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL, COVER, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT ARISE OR RESULT FROM SUCH NEGATIVE REVIEWS. IN NO EVENT WILL 2 STEP’S OR ITS SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED IN AGGREGATE FIVE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($500.00 US). FOR FREE ACCESS SUBSCRIPTIONS OR BETA RELEASES PROVIDED WITHOUT CHARGE, 2 STEP’S TOTAL LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED IN AGGREGATE FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50.00 US). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NONE OF THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 15 EXCLUDES EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY A PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE. IN ADDITION, THE LAWS IN SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION. IF ANY OF THESE LAWS IS FOUND TO APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THIS SECTION 14 SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY SUCH LAW. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THIS SECTION 14 IS A FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, ANY 2 STEP TECHNOLOGY OR ANY RELATED SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
O. DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
If a dispute arises between the parties related to this Agreement or the Services provided therefrom, and the dispute cannot be settled through informal negotiations, the parties agree to resolve their dispute (referred to herein as “Claim(s)”) as follows:
1. Mediation. The Parties agree to participate in mediation to settle their Claims in accordance with the rules and procedures found in Utah Code § 78B-10-101 et seq. (Utah Uniform Mediation Act and referred to as “UUMA”) and this Agreement before a party can file a judicial action, whether in a court of law, an administrative body, government agency, or otherwise. If there are any conflicting provisions between UUMA and this Agreement, the provisions in this Agreement shall govern.
2. Notice. Mediation shall be conducted within sixty (60) days from a party receiving written notice of Claims from a complaining party. The notice must contain a detailed description of the nature of the Claims and the requested relief sought.
3. Mediator Selection and Mediator Fees. A neutral mediator shall be selected as mutually agreed upon by the parties. The mediator’s fees and costs shall be paid to the mediator at the end of mediation, with both parties equally sharing the mediation costs and paying their own legal fees and costs.
4. Location. Mediation shall occur in Nassau County, New York.
5. Judicial Action. If the parties are unable to resolve the Claim pursuant to the mandatory mediation referenced above (or if one of the parties refuses to participate in the mandatory mediation or fails to respond to a complaining party’s request for mediation), the parties may subsequently file a judicial action.
6. Disputes Not Subject to the Mediation Process. The following claims are not subject to the mandatory mediation provisions of this Section 15:1.An order of injunctive relief and any related incidental damages; and/or an order to prevent the disclosure of or misuse of Confidential Information or Trade Secrets.
P . GENERAL.
1. Assignment. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s permitted successors and assigns. Neither party may assign this Agreement without the advance written consent of the other party, except that 2 Step may assign this Agreement without consent to an Affiliate or in connection with a merger, reorganization, acquisition or other transfer of all or substantially all of its assets or voting securities. Any attempt to transfer or assign this Agreement except as expressly authorized under this Section 16.1 will be null and void.
2. Notices. Any notice or communication to 2 Step under this Agreement must be in writing. Client must send any notices under this Agreement (including breach notices) to 2 Step Headquarters and include “Attn. Legal Department” in the subject line. 2 Step may send notices to the e-mail addresses on Client’s account or, at 2 Step’s option, to Client’s last-known postal address. 2 Step may also provide operational notices regarding the Service or other business-related notices through conspicuous posting of such notice on 2 Step’s website or the Service. Each party hereby consents to receipt of electronic notices. 2 Step is not responsible for any automatic filtering Client or its network provider may apply to email notifications.
3. Publicity. Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Subscription Documentation, 2 Step may use Client’s name, logo and marks (including marks on Client Properties) to identify Client as a 2 Step Client on 2 Step’s website and other marketing materials.
4. Subcontractors. 2 Step may use subcontractors and permit them to exercise the rights granted to 2 Step in order to provide the Service and related services under this Agreement.
5. Subpoenas. Nothing in this Agreement prevents 2 Step from disclosing Client Data to the extent required by law, subpoenas, or court orders, but 2 Step will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Client where permitted to do so.
6. Independent Contractors. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors, and this Agreement does not create a partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise, or agency relationship. Neither party has the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other party’s behalf without the other party’s prior written consent.
7. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement (except payment obligations) if the delay or failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, such as a strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or reduction of power or telecommunications or data network or services, or government act.
8. Amendments; Waivers. 2 Step may update or modify these Terms (including referenced policies and other documents) from time to time by posting a revised version on the Website or Service or by notification via the email associated with your account. You may also be required to click through the updated Terms to show acceptance. In any event, subject to the terms of your specific Subscription Documentation, the modified terms will become effective upon posting or notification and continued use of the Service or Website, following the update, shall constitute acceptance of the updated Agreement. If Client does not agree to the updated Agreement after it takes effect, Client will no longer have the right to use the Service. Except as otherwise described in this Section, any modification or amendment to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of each party (each in its discretion). No waiver will be implied from conduct or failure to enforce or exercise rights under this Agreement. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. Failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such provision or any other provision or of the right to enforce such provision or any other provision. Waivers must be made in writing and executed by a duly authorized representative of the waiving party.
9. Headings. The headings used in this Agreement are for ease of reference only. They are not intended as a complete re-statement of the matters contained under each heading, and you acknowledge that you have read and understand all the text of this Agreement, and not just the headings.
10. Legal Disclaimer. 2 Step does not provide its Clients with legal advice regarding compliance, data privacy or other relevant law in the jurisdiction in which its Clients use the Service, and any statements made by 2 Step to its Client(s) shall not constitute legal advice.
11. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement may otherwise remain in effect, and all other provisions remain in full effect
12. No Third-Party Rights. Nothing in this Agreement confers on any third party the right to enforce any provision of this Agreement. Client acknowledges that each Subscription only permits use by and for the legal entity or entities identified in the Subscription Documentation and not any Affiliates.
13. Attorneys’ Fees and Costs. The substantially prevailing party in any action to enforce this Agreement will be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for the action.
14. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including these Terms and any applicable Subscription Documentation, represents the parties’ complete and exclusive understanding relating to the Agreement’s subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the 2 Step Technology or any other subject matter covered by this Agreement. The terms of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods do not apply to this Agreement. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to this Agreement regardless of when or where adopted. Any terms provided by Client (including as part of any purchase order or other business form used by Client) are for administrative purposes only, and have no legal effect.
15. Counterparts; Electronic Transmission. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original, and all of which shall constitute one and the same instrument. A facsimile or other reproduction of this Agreement may be executed by one or more Parties hereto, and an executed copy of this Agreement may be delivered by one or more Parties hereto by facsimile or similar electronic transmission device pursuant to which the signature of or on behalf of such Party can be seen, and such execution and delivery shall be considered valid, binding and effective for all purposes. At the request of any Party hereto, all Parties hereto agree to execute an original of this Agreement as well as any facsimile or other reproduction hereof.
16. Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to choice or conflict of law rules thereof. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be the state courts located in Nassau County, New York or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and both parties submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts.
3. Use of Personal Information: We never sell, rent, lease, or make available your Personal Information for use by any third party. However, we may internally use your Personal Information to
improve the Website, to improve your experience as you use the Website, to customize and communicate informational or product offerings and promotions to you, and to make our Services more helpful or useful to other users. We may use the services of a third party to perform these functions. In addition, we may allow ad exchanges, web analytics vendors, social networking platforms and other third parties to collect certain data and other non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., search and click stream information, browser type, time and date, the identity or type of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. By way of example, these companies may use a cookie or web beacon to collect this information.
5. Unsubscribing: If you wish us to stop sending offers and promotions to you, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe on digital material or contacting email@example.com.
6. Cooperation with Authorities, Consent to United States Processing: 2 Step complies with all applicable laws and regulations. This may require cooperation with governmental authorities with respect to information we receive from you. If we believe it is necessary, in our sole discretion, to disclose information about you to law enforcement officials or in connection with a court proceeding, you hereby consent to such disclosure. In addition, if we believe a disclosure of such information is necessary to protect our property and rights, to protect public safety, or to prevent potentially illegal or unethical conduct, we may disclose certain information, and you consent to such disclosure. If you reside outside the United States, your local laws may afford a higher degree of protection to your Personal Information than provided under United States law. Your use of the Website constitutes your consent to have your Personal Information transferred to, collected by, and processed by servers in the United States.
7. Assignment of Rights to Information: In the event of the sale, acquisition, or merger of 2 Step. or of all or substantially all of its assets, and in the event of any other change of control of 2 Step, your Personal Information, Received Materials, and Uploaded Materials, in addition to all other information possessed by 2 Step may be transferred, sold, or shared in connection with such transaction. In that event, your Personal Information will still be subject to the same protections as provided herein.
8. Child Online Privacy Protection Act: 2 Step complies with the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Our Terms and Conditions govern our activities and your conduct in relation to COPPA.
10. Deleting Your Information: If you have registered with us, you may delete the Personal Information in your account by contacting us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information upon request. We may archive all or some of your Personal Information as we believe may be required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
13. In consideration for your use of the Website’s Community Features and functionality, you agree to comply with the Community Guidelines set forth below. Users who violate the community guidelines, may, in our sole discretion, be permanently banned from using the Website.
14. Community Guidelines: Entering any Community Feature will constitute acceptance of the Community Guidelines. If you do not agree to abide by the Community Guidelines, please do not enter any Community Features. You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted by you within the Community Features, including the transmission, posting, or other provision of Community Content to any portion of the Community Features. listed below are some, though not all, violations that may result in
us terminating or suspending your access to Community Features on a temporary or permanent basis, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You agree not to do any of the following actions while using any of the Community Features:
• Violate these Community Guidelines or abuse the community purpose of the chat areas. • Participate in any part of the Site if you are under the age of 18.
• Use profanity, obscenities, or **asterisks** or other “masking” characters to disguise profane or obscene words.
• Use obscene, lewd, slanderous, pornographic, abusive, violent, insulting, indecent, threatening and harassing language of any kind.
• Impersonate other users.
• Attack (flame or “cyberbully”) individuals, companies or products, although you are otherwise welcome to offer your opinions or comments on the subject at hand.
• Post topics on message boards, on the Site or within any of the Community Features that are unrelated to the subject of the Website.
• Advertise or promote other companies or URL’s.
• Include advertising in communications.
• Post material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein.
• Include advanced fonts, java, tables, html, or other programming codes or commands in messages.
• Distribute or otherwise publish any Community Content containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services. You also hereby acknowledge that you are prohibited from soliciting other guests to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization.
• Collect or harvest the information of any user or otherwise access the Website using automated means (including but not limited to harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers).
15. Safeguarding Your Information. 2 Step values very highly the security of your Personal Information. We have implemented reasonable security measures to ensure that security. While no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure all the time, we strive to use the best practices used in the community to protect your Personal information. We will make any disclosures that are we discover any breach of the security of your Personal information, including notifying you via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Website without unreasonable delay.
Last revised: January 10, 2019
Business Associate Agreement
2 STEP BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AGREEMENT
This Business Associate Agreement (“Agreement”) shall be incorporated into the applicable Terms of Service or Master Service Agreement for 2 Step Clients or Customers that are Covered Entities and provide Protected Health Information (“PHI”) (as defined in HIPAA) to 2 Step Reviews, Inc. in the course of using or accessing purchased 2 Step Services.
The Parties to this Agreement are committed to complying with the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (the “Privacy Rule”) and the Standards for Security of Electronic Protected Health Information (the “Security Rule) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). This Agreement, in conjunction with the Privacy and Security Rules, sets forth the terms and conditions pursuant to which PHI (electronic and non-electronic) that is created, received, maintained, or transmitted by, the Business Associate from or on behalf of Covered Entity, will be handled between the Business Associate and Covered Entity and with third parties during the term of their Underlying Agreement and after its termination.
1.1. HIPAA Rules. “HIPAA Rules” shall mean the Privacy, Security, Breach Notification, and Enforcement Rules at 45 CFR Part 160 and Part 164. A reference in this Agreement to a section in the HIPAA Rules means the section as in effect or as amended.
1.2. Other terms. The following terms used in this Agreement shall have the same meaning as those terms in the HIPAA Rules: Business Associate, Breach, Covered Entity, Data Aggregation, Designated Record Set, Disclosure, Electronic Protected Health Information, Health Care Operations, Individual, Minimum Necessary, Notice of Privacy Practices, Privacy Officer, Privacy Rule, Protected
Health Information (“PHI”), Required By Law, Secretary, Security Rule, Security Incident, Subcontractor, Unsecured Protected Health Information, and Use.
2. PERMITTED USES AND DISCLOSURES OF PHI
2.1 Services. Business Associate provides services (“Services”) for Covered Entity that involve the receipt, use and disclosure of PHI. Except as otherwise specified herein, the Business Associate may make all uses of PHI necessary to perform its obligations under the Underlying Agreement. All other uses not authorized by this Agreement are prohibited. Moreover, Business Associate may disclose PHI for the purposes authorized by this Agreement only: (i) to its employees, subcontractors and agents, in accordance with Section 3.1(d), or (ii) as otherwise permitted by or as required by the Privacy or Security Rule.
2.2 Business Activities of the Business Associate. Unless otherwise limited herein and if such use or disclosure of PHI would not violate the Privacy or Security Rules if done by the Covered Entity, the Business Associate may:
a. Use the PHI in its possession for its proper management and administration and to fulfill any present or future legal responsibilities of the Business Associate provided that such uses are permitted under state and federal confidentiality laws.
b. Disclose the PHI in its possession to third parties for the purpose of its proper management and administration or to fulfill any present or future legal responsibilities of the Business Associate, provided that the Business Associate represents to Covered Entity, in writing, that (i) the disclosures are required by law, or (ii) the Business Associate has received from the third party written assurances regarding its confidential handling of such PHI as required under 45 C.F.R. § 164.504(e)(4) and § 164.314, and the third party notifies the Business Associate of any instances of which it is aware in which the confidentiality of the information has been breached.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO PHI
3.1 Responsibilities of the Business Associate. Business Associate hereby agrees to do the following:
a. Not use or disclose PHI other than as permitted or required by the Agreement or as required by law.
b. Use appropriate safeguards, and comply with Subpart C of 45 CFR Part 164 with respect to electronic PHI, to prevent use or disclosure of PHI other than as provided for by the Agreement.
c. Report in writing to Covered Entity within five (5) business days any use or disclosure of PHI not provided for by the Agreement of which it becomes aware, including breaches of unsecured PHI as required at 45 CFR 410, and any security incident of which it becomes aware, and cooperate with the Covered Entity in any mitigation or breach reporting efforts.
d. In accordance with 45 CFR 502(e)(1)(ii) and 164.308(b)(2), if applicable, to ensure that any subcontractors that create, receive, maintain, or transmit PHI on behalf of the Business Associate agree to the same restrictions, conditions, and requirements that apply to the Business Associate with respect to such information.
e. Ensure that any agent or subcontractor to whom the Business Associate provides PHI, as well as Business Associate, not export PHI for storage beyond the borders of the United States of America.
f. With respect to any agent or subcontractor who has access to PHI from beyond the borders of the United States of America:
i. Ensure that any such individuals are bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement or a subcontractor Agreement containing substantially similar terms and conditions; and
ii. Ensure that any such individuals with access to PHI beyond the borders of the United States of America are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in the United States of America; and
g. Within ten (10) business days request of Covered Entity, make available PHI in a designated record set, if applicable, to Covered Entity, as necessary to satisfy Covered Entity’s obligations under 45 CFR 524.
h. Within ten (10) business days, make any amendment(s) to PHI, if applicable, in a designated record set as directed or agreed to by the Covered Entity pursuant to 45 CFR 526, or take other measures as necessary to satisfy Covered Entity’s obligations under 45 CFR 164.526.
i. As applicable, maintain and make available the information required to provide an accounting of disclosures as necessary to satisfy Covered Entity’s obligations under 45 CFR 528.
j. To the extent the Business Associate is to carry out one or more of Covered Entity’s obligation(s) under Subpart E of 45 CFR Part 164, comply with the requirements of Subpart E that apply to the Covered Entity in the performance of such
k. Make its internal practices, books, and records available to the Secretary and to the Covered Entity for purposes of determining compliance with the HIPAA
l. Comply with minimum necessary requirements under the HIPAA Rules.
3.2 Responsibilities of Covered Entity. Regarding the use and/or disclosure of PHI by the Business Associate, Covered Entity hereby agrees:
a. To inform the Business Associate of any limitations in the form of notice of privacy practices that Covered Entity provides to individuals pursuant to 45 C.F.R. §164.520, to the extent that such limitation may affect Business Associate’s use or disclosure of PHI.
b. To inform the Business Associate of any changes in, or revocation of, the permission by an individual to use or disclose PHI, to the extent that such limitation may affect Business Associate’s use or disclosure of PHI.
c. To notify the Business Associate, in writing and in a timely manner, of any restriction on the use or disclosure of PHI that Covered Entity has agreed to or is required to abide by under 45 CFR 164.522, to the extent that such restriction may impact in any manner the use and/or disclosure of PHI by the Business Associate under this Agreement
d. .Covered Entity will not request Business Associate to use or disclose PHI in any manner that would not be permissible under the Privacy and Security Rule if done by the Covered Entity.
4. TERMS AND TERMINATION
4.1. Term. The Term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date, and shall terminate on the termination date of the relevant Underlying Agreement or on the date Covered Entity terminates this Agreement for cause as authorized in paragraph 4.2 of this Section, whichever is sooner.
4.2. Termination for Cause. Business Associate authorizes termination of this Agreement by Covered Entity, if Covered Entity determines Business Associate has violated a material term of the Agreement and Business Associate has not cured the breach or ended the violation within the time specified by Covered Entity.
4.3. Obligations of Business Associate upon Termination. Business Associate agrees to return or destroy all PHI pursuant to 45 C.F.R. § 164.504(e) (2) (ii)(J), if it is feasible to do so. If it is not feasible for the Business Associate to return or destroy said PHI, the Business Associate will notify Covered Entity in writing. Said notification shall include: (i) a statement that the Business Associate has determined that it is not feasible to return or destroy the PHI in its possession, and (ii) the specific reasons for such determination. Business Associate agrees to extend all protections, limitations and restrictions contained in this Agreement to the Business Associate’s use and/or disclosure of any PHI retained after the termination of this Agreement, and to limit any further uses and/or disclosures to the purposes that make the return or destruction of the PHI infeasible.
4.4. Automatic Termination. This Agreement will automatically terminate without any further action of the Parties upon the termination or expiration of the Underlying Agreement.
5.1. Mutual Indemnification. Each Party (each an “Indemnifying Party”) agrees to indemnify and defend the other Party (each an “Indemnified Party”) for any costs, fees, fines, settlements, judgments, including attorney’s fees and court costs incurred as a result of a material breach of this Agreement by the Indemnifying Party or its agents or subcontractors, or as a result of any gross negligence or willful misconduct by an Indemnifying Party or its agents or subcontractors.
6.1. Business Associate. For purposes of this Agreement, Business Associate shall include the named Business Associate herein. However, if the Business Associate is otherwise a Covered Entity under the Privacy or Security Rule, that entity may appropriately designate a health care component of the entity, pursuant to 45 C.F.R. § 164.504(a), as the Business Associate for purposes of this Agreement.
6.2. Survival. The respective rights and obligations of Business Associate and Covered Entity under this Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement indefinitely.
6.3. Amendments; Waiver. This Agreement may not be modified, nor shall any provision hereof be waived or amended, except in a writing duly signed by authorized representatives of the Parties. A waiver with respect to one event shall not be construed as continuing, or as a bar to or waiver of any right or remedy as to subsequent events. The Parties agree to take such action as is necessary to amend this Agreement from time to time as is necessary for compliance with the requirements of the HIPAA Rules and any other applicable law.
6.4. Interpretation. Any ambiguity in this Agreement shall be interpreted to permit compliance with the HIPAA Rules.
6.5. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. Nothing express or implied in this Agreement is intended to confer, nor shall anything herein confer, upon any person other than the Parties and the respective successors or assigns of the Parties, any rights, remedies, obligations, or liabilities whatsoever.
6.6. Notices. Any notices to be given hereunder to a Party shall be made as described in the applicable services agreement or via U.S. Mail or express courier to such Party’s address given below.
If to Business Associate, to:
2 Step Reviews LLC
If to Covered Entity, to:
The current address associated with Client’s 2 Step account, where applicable.